Dance Studio Rules
To have a successful studio, there must be rules and discipline. In this
handbook, rules and discipline of the Studio will be outlined. I hope this
handbook will be helpful and useful.
Click here for Additional Ballet Rules
Back to top>>
- No food, drink or gum allowed in Studio.
- Promptness is very important. Classes start on time.
- Jazz and Hip Hop students are required to wear comfortable clothing.
No "jeans" permitted. You cannot stretch in jeans.
- Appropriate dance shoes are required for all dance classes.
- Hip Hop students are required to wear black jazz shoes or black hip hop
shoes. Regular tennis shoes are not permitted.
- Students are promoted to higher classes at the teacher's discretion. It is not
automatic that your child will be promoted. You need to speak with the
teacher in June.
- No jewelry permitted. String bracelets and stud earrings allowed. Students
will be asked to remove large earrings and necklaces.
- Dance shoes are not to be worn outside on sidewalks, parking lots, and etc. The oil,
grease and dirt destroy the shoes and the dance floor.
- The studio ONLY uses black patent leather buckle tap shoes and pink ballet shoes. Both
shoes may be purchased at the studio.
- Ballet students are required to wear leotard and tights in color of their level:
Ballet I - Pink leotard, pink tights & pink ballet shoes
Ballet II - Light Blue leotard, pink tights & pink ballet shoes
Ballet III - Lavender leotard, pink tights and pink ballet shoes
Ballet IV - Hunter Green leotard, pink tights and pink ballet shoes
Ballet V - Black leotard, pink tights and pink ballet shoes
Male students - gray tee shirt, black pants or tights & black ballet shoes
- Ballet students are to wear their hair up in secured bun.
- Ballet students are permitted to wear shorts occasionally. They must match the color
of the leotard and no writing or designs on them. It is not recommended or preferred
- Pointe students are required to take Ballet IV.
- Students are invited to join Pointe at the teacher's discretion.
- Ballet students later than 15 minutes to class will not be permitted in class. They
may make-up that class. The first 15 minutes is very important as that is when they
get their stretching for class. We don't want any students injured because they are
not properly warmed up.